Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reece's Gotcha Day





Eleven years ago, my sweet little boy was placed in our arms for the first time.  I will never forget watching them bring him into the room where we waited.  Trent and I couldn't help but giggle at those sweet cheeks.  Oh my word, he was the cutest thing!!!! 

The trip to Kazakstan was tough.  We were cold and hungry most of the trip.  Poor, skinny
Trent lost almost 12 pounds in the 10 days we were gone!!  We missed my brother's wedding and my sweet Mary Ashtyn's only time to be a flower girl.  For most of the trip, we thought we weren't going  to make it home for Christmas (thank goodness we made it home on the 23rd).

Through it all,  Reece was our bright spot.  The sweetest baby with these cheeks I couldn't help but kiss every few seconds.  Even today, he is my snuggler...always ready with the best hugs that make the worst days better. 

I am so thankful for my son.  God knew exactly what He was doing when He led us to Kazakhstan for Reece...what a blessing he is to us!!


Happy Gotcha Day, Reece!!!

 


1 comment:

  1. That smile is unbeatable! So thankful that these three precious babies were placed by God in this incredible family!

    ReplyDelete