Thursday, April 28, 2011

Trusting Him

Yesterday, several huge tornadoes destroyed areas throughout Alabama.  The death toll is close to around 200.  Thirty minutes from us, Tuscaloosa has major damage.  This is a city that we love and we're heartbroken watching the coverage and seeing photos of the damage.  Please pray for the families who have lost loved ones and everything that they own. 
As the storms raged all around us, our family was safe in our basement...all but one of us.  Unless you've waited to bring your child home from across the world, it's hard to explain how it feels.  I was heartsick yesterday because all three of my children were not with me.  We go through our daily routines, but part of us is missing.  It's so strange because we didn't even know about Lily until around a month of ago.  Now, everything is different and I just want our family all together.
God once again reminded me that He is in control and has the perfect plan for our family.  Mary Ashtyn planted a little flower garden when we found out about our Lily coming home.  She planted some day lilies but they had not bloomed.  She worried about her garden all during the storms last night.  I woke up early this morning to check on the storm damage in Alabama.  I stepped outside to check on the flowers and saw this.....
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   Jeremiah 29:11

This lily reminded me that God is holding my Lily until she is in our arms!  So thankful that God is always in control!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found your blog from Kelly's Korner prayer list. I just had to come see your beautiful Lily! We are also in the process of adopting and should have our dossier to China within the next 2 weeks. We haven't been matched with a little one yet though so we may end up traveling about the same time. Blessings to you and your family on this journey!

    ReplyDelete