Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Brother's Love

I don't blog about my bigs much, mainly because they are teenagers and I'm forbidden.  Today, I'm sneaking in a post about my Reece.  I've said many times that he has a servant's heart.  He is the first one willing to stop what he's doing and help someone.  He is super aware of other people's feelings and needs.  There is no way to even begin to describe his devotion to his sisters, especially Lily.  He realizes what she misses out on because of her MD, and it breaks his heart.

First time Reece held Lily in China (2011)




Last year at the beach, her little body just couldn't handle much time in the ocean.  Every afternoon, a tide pool would form and he spent hours playing with her.  No one asked him to, his sweet servant's heart chose to spend time helping Lily enjoy her beach time.  These are some of my favorite pictures ever... 








 I'm so proud of my son and the man that he is too quickly becoming.  As I watch him with his sisters, there is no doubt that he will one day be the most caring husband and Daddy (if I ever let him leave me).   Reece would do anything for Lily and I'm sure Ava is realizing he will do the same for her.  She already worships her GuGu and calls out for his help often.

GuGu and Ava on the Pearl River Cruise in Guangzhou...their smiles say it all!


This morning, Reece woke up with a headache.  As I doted on him and gave his some medicine, Ava and Lily noticed.  Lily understood the GuGu was feeling bad and through our gestures and broken English, I helped Ava understand that his head hurt.  As he fixed his breakfast plate and sat down with the littles, the servant became the served.  Watching the girls baby their big brother was one of the sweetest thing I've ever seen.  I'm so glad my camera just happened to be on the kitchen counter, I promise none of these photos were staged...











Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. (Romans 12:10)


Flight delays, delayed homecomings, illness, and surgery just can't steal our joy!  When scenes like this play out at our kitchen table, there is no doubt that God knew exactly what He was doing when He brought us all together!!


1 comment: