Monday, June 30, 2014

His Plans

Friday, Lily and Ava played outside.  As I pulled into the garage later in the afternoon, this made me smile...



I've thought about this picture a lot over the last few days.  Four short years ago, I had no idea that walkers and wheelchairs would be a part of our everyday life...that they would  be lined up outside my kitchen door after an afternoon of playing outside.  It blows my mind that I pull up and am happy to see my girls' wheels.  There is no sadness or regret, just excitement that Lily and Ava are ours.   

It honestly doesn't bother us that Lily and Ava don't walk.  If there is a cure for Muscular Dystrophy in my girls' lifetime that will restore muscle function, I will be praising Jesus the loudest of anyone.  If that cure doesn't come, I'll still be the one praising Jesus the loudest!  God has given complete peace about our girls.  We didn't bring them home to fix them, just to love them.


Never in a million years did we think our life would lead us to where we are today.  Never in a million years could we imagine our life any differently than it is today!  God knew!! Never in a million years can I praise Him enough for bringing the six of us together.



For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  (Jeremiah 29:11) 


  

2 comments:

  1. This picture says it all! It says to me look they don't have a big fancy house and yet they are giving it their all! I wish more people could see this picture and see that if you have a willing heart God will provide the rest. I hope we run into your family some day and I can point out to my children what true disciples of Christ look like! Congratulations on one month! She is darling! Can't believe how fast the time is going by because it seems like you just got her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of the girls wheels is awfully cute!

    ReplyDelete